Marathon Kids is Back!
Marathon Kids is a Summer program for kids that is designed to keep kids active and having fun! During our 6 week program, we meet once a week to play games, run, and learn why staying active is so important. Marathon Kids works for any kid, at any fitness level. Kids set their goals and track their progress on a journey to complete four marathons, or 104.8 miles, over the course of the running club season. They run or walk, a lap at a time, at a day at a time, and before they know it they’ve gone farther than they ever dreamed.
They learn how to fuel their bodies so they can run faster, better, longer. And for a little extra motivation, they earn fun Nike rewards at milestones along the way. They have a network of dedicated adults showing them how it’s done, and most importantly, a motivated and inspiring Coach supporting them every step of the way.
Research shows that kids need at least 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per day. But only 1 in 5 kids currently reaches that minimum. We want to change that. Each week we meet for an hour and let kids be kids.
- First 15 minutes we learn about living healthy lifestyles, eating healthy food, and how to run!
- Let's warm up! Being a kid is all fun and games and stretching is a great way to start
- Together we run, walk, dance, or skip one mile.
- Let's play a game! Running doesn't have to be point A to point B. Sharks and minnows is a great way to run fast and have fun. Try and catch us now!
- Recap and hydrate! Having fun can be exhausting. Let's drink some water and talk about what we have learned!
- Hands In! We are a team and we're running this marathon together. Let's celebrate that accomplishment!
The Goal- Run a MARATHON. That's right. We are going to run an entire marathon one-quarter of a mile at a time. Every time they run a fourth of a mile they get to color it in on their sheet! It's not going to happen in a day, a week, or even a month. By continuing to stay active you will reach 26.2 miles! That's a long way and deserves to be celebrated! Luckily Nike wants to do just that! For every marathon, you run you get a prize!
- First Marathon- 26.2 T-SHIRT
- Second Marathon- 52.4 BRACELET
- Third Marathon- 78.6 PATCH
- Fourth Marathon- 104.4 DOG TAG
Marathon Kids is a $15 program that runs from June 3rd to July 17th!
Omaha Elkhorn Ridge Middle School Wednesdays 6:30 PM (June 12th to July 17th)
Lincoln Lincoln East Track Monday 6:00 PM (June 3rd to July 8th)
This year we are starting a nonprofit program downtown in partnership with The Lincoln Police Department to bring Marathon Kids to everyone! The program cost should never be the reason a child cannot participate. That is why for every registered child in our Fleet Feet program Marathon Kids is donating a registration for a kid in need. But we want to do more. Some of these kids cannot afford socks or shoes. We want them to have those at no cost.
How can you help?
When you register your child consider donating to our nonprofit by adding on an additional registrant, adding $10 or $20 at checkout. We promise that money will go to right where it belongs. With that money every kid who needs shoes will get a pair. Every kid who wants to run will get the chance but more importantly, every kid will have fun!
(Payments are received through Fleet Feet (LDB Endurance INC) and go directly back into our low-income program)
Marathon Kids Registration $15
Program Start: June 3rd
Program Schedule: One night a week for six weeks
Program Fee: $15